OverviewAustralian Unity Metro West I Wangary (Penrith) I Home Care Support Worker I Part-Time Part Time in Sydney NSW
Branch Sydney NSW AU
Metro West I Wangary (Penrith) I Home Care Support Worker I Part-Time
Home Care support workers help elders and people with disabilities with household duties enabling them to live independently in their own home….
Australian Unity delivers careers and experiences that are challenging, rewarding and differentiated by our wellbeing ambition. Our ambition is to enable millions to enjoy wellbeing. We look for people who share this ambition and share our way of being – to be bold , warm and honest in everything we do.
Australian Unity is a mutual organisation that has been around for 176 years. Australian Unity’s Aboriginal Home Care service provides culturally appropriate home and community services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people throughout New South Wales.
We currently work in metropolitan, regional and remote areas and we plan to expand into more areas over time including into Victoria and Queensland.
Aboriginal Home Care works closely with the local community providing household support to our clients. Home Care support workers help elders and people with disabilities with household duties enabling them to live independently in their own home. You will be expected to provide support covering, but not limited to:
- Domestic assistance: Cleaning, cooking
- Personal care: Showering, grooming, toileting and dressing
- Social support/transportation: Driving clients to doctor’s appointments or community events.
We now have vacancies in Penrith region as part of the Wangary branch. Join a team that is supportive and offers flexibility. The team contributes to community events and supports local clients around the local area.
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait islander are encouraged to apply or previous experience working in the local Aboriginal community is desirable.
- Honest, caring and a reliable work ethic.
- Keen to learn new skills and share a genuine interest in community care.
- Full driver’s license and a reliable car with comprehensive insurance.
- Willing and able to undergo a police background check.
This is an exciting opportunity to enhance your career and join us at an exciting time of growth!
For further information, see our Careers website at www.australianunity.com.au
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Sydney, NSW, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-18