OverviewAustralia Post Postal Delivery Officer Contract in Innisfail QLD
Branch Innisfail QLD AU
Postal Delivery Officer
We’ll provide the training to get you up to speed – you provide the enthusiasm and attitude. Retail & Consumer Products….
Job no: 53244748
Work type: Sub contractor
Location: QLD – Regional
Categories: Retail & Consumer Products
Working in one of our corporate Post Offices, Permanent/Temporary Full Time/Part Time Box Sorters are the early morning folk who fill up the PO Boxes ready for customers to collect. It’s a role that’s built around lifestyle; early starts and early finishes mean you can get on with your day. You’re part of a team but you have your own space too, where you can hone your speed-sorting skills to a fine art; hand over parcels to customers at the ‘hatch’ and process some of our more complex deliveries such as redirections or reply paid.
Box Sorters are members of a team that work in our Post Offices, offering the full range of Australia Post products and services. We solve problems, find solutions, help out and pitch in. We try to find ways to delight our customers and we love that our customers like that too!
For us, an engaging, enjoyable workplace is the foundation for great work. Which is why your attitude and your passion is just as important to us as your experience. We offer an attractive salary and benefits in an equal opportunity workforce. We encourage applications from people of all ages, including indigenous Australians and those with a disability.
- The delivery of mail accurately and efficiently into the correct PO Boxes and Locked bags located at a retail outlet, including registered services, speed services and unaddressed services and via a mail hatch to customers.
- The processing of additional delivery procedures as necessary, including redirection services, notification services and reply paid services.
- To provide a customer friendly and delivery service whilst meeting Australia Post’s sorting and delivery standards.
- Commitment to customer service and an adherence to service standards
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team to contribute to overall team success.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to understand verbal and written information and instructions.
- The ability to interact and develop and sustain relationships with customers, management and staff.
- Appropriate knowledge and awareness of Occupational Health and Safety relevant to the position.
- Attention to detail and an approachable personality are also important.
- We’ll provide the training to get you up to speed – you provide the enthusiasm and attitude.
Australia Post Group (including Australia Post, StarTrack, Decipha & Securepay) is one of the most trusted brands in Australia. Employing over 30,000 people across our integrated delivery, logistics and e-Commerce network – we love delivering! Through our huge range of services, we help communities stay connected, businesses reach new customers and people stay in touch.
We’re committed to helping our people, customers and communities build a better future.
A career at Australia Post Group can lead down many paths. There are a variety of roles to suit all sorts of skills and you will also have the chance to learn from the best people; everyone, everywhere, every day. For us, an engaging, enjoyable workplace is the foundation for great work which is why your attitude and your passion is just as important to us as your experience.
We offer an attractive salary and benefits in an equal opportunity workforce. We encourage applications from people of all ages, including indigenous Australians and those with a disability.
Don’t delay your application, please apply today. We have a short mobile friendly application form which contains approximately 10 – 15 career interest questions. It should take you no longer than 5 minutes to complete. Looking forward to hearing from you!
Advertised: 13 Apr 2017 E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: 24 Apr 2017 E. Australia Standard Time
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Innisfail, QLD, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-14