OverviewAustralia Post Motorcycle Postie, Part Time Opportunities, Salisbury South Location Part Time in South Australia
Branch SA AU
Motorcycle Postie, Part Time Opportunities, Salisbury South Location
Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics. Want to work in a role with a great lifestyle that’ll help you keep fit?…
Job no: 53246069
Work type: Casual
Location: SA – Metro
Categories: Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics
Want to work in a role with a great lifestyle that’ll help you keep fit? Apply for this part time Postal Delivery Officer role in our Salisbury South Delivery Centres. Predominantly delivering via motorbikes, you’ll start work early in the morning, manually sorting mail and enjoying a chat with your teammates around you. Then you’ll do your round, delivering letters and small parcels to a wide range of customers.
For us, an engaging, enjoyable workplace is the foundation for great work. Which is why your attitude and your passion is just as important to us as your experience. We offer an attractive salary and benefits in an equal opportunity workforce. We encourage applications from people of all ages, including indigenous Australians and those with a disability.
- Manually sorting mail each morning
- Delivering mail to customers using a small motorcycle supplied by Australia Post
- Maintaining accurate clerical records in relation to all changes that occur within the Postie’s allocated area (eg redirection notices)
- Meeting all conduct, diligence and efficiency requirements
- A current unrestricted motorcycle licence relevant to your state of residence (Provisional Licence will be considered)
- Successfully passing our practical driving / riding skills assessment
- Our motorcycles have a safe working load limit which requires you to weigh 100kg or less when fully clothed
- Fit and able to lift up to 16kg of mail on a repetitive basis.
- Casual hourly rate $ 25.90
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Friendly, courteous and of neat appearance. Posties are in daily contact with our customers and are therefore a reflection of our business within the community
- Possess sound communication and interpersonal skills as you will be in constant contact with customers
- Good learning, memory recall and hand / eye coordination abilities
- Demonstrate a commitment to Occupational Health and Safety standards of Australia Post
- Must be reliable and enjoy early morning starts, as part of or the entire shift could be spent delivering the mail
- Flexibility to stay until the job has been completed and a genuine desire to help fellow team members
- Be able to demonstrate high work standards.
Australia Post Group (including Australia Post, StarTrack, Decipha & Securepay) is one of the most trusted brands in Australia. Employing over 30,000 people across our integrated delivery, logistics and e-Commerce network – we love delivering! Through our huge range of services, we help communities stay connected, businesses reach new customers and people stay in touch.
We’re committed to helping our people, customers and communities build a better future.
A career at Australia Post Group can lead down many paths. There are a variety of roles to suit all sorts of skills and you will also have the chance to learn from the best people; everyone, everywhere, every day. For us, an engaging, enjoyable workplace is the foundation for great work which is why your attitude and your passion is just as important to us as your experience.
We offer an attractive salary and benefits in an equal opportunity workforce. We encourage applications from people of all ages, including indigenous Australians and those with a disability.
Don’t delay your application, please apply today. We have a short mobile friendly application form which contains approximately 10 – 15 career interest questions. It should take you no longer than 5 minutes to complete. Looking forward to hearing from you!
Advertised: 19 Apr 2017 Cen. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: 10 May 2017 Cen. Australia Standard Time
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: , South Australia, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-24