OverviewAurecon Group Structural Design Engineer | Built Environment Full Time in New South Wales
Branch NSW AU
Structural Design Engineer | Built Environment
New South Wales
If you are seeking an opportunity to drive and deliver project outcomes, within a creative business that encourages innovation and fresh ideas, please click the…
Aurecon has a proud heritage of design excellence and delivery of complex projects. We have built our brand from that foundation and the trust our clients place in us. We describe what we stand for as “ Bringing Ideas to Life ” which reflects our belief that what we do best is to help clients bring their ideas to reality. Our “ Just Imagine ” initiative reflects our aspiration to help our clients become future ready and our design thinking strategy is an important part of this initiative.
Due to continued growth and an increasing workload, we are now seeking applications from enthusiastic, experienced Structural Design Engineers to join our NSW business, located in Sydney. You will possess experience and market knowledge within Structural design packages across Buildings sector projects.
With the increasing workload and winning of several Buildings projects, the successful applicant will be immediately working on high-profile, multi-disciplined projects.
Working in a dynamic team and with leading edge technology, your responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of calculations required for the design of engineering projects
- Produce basic concepts and detailed design calculations and documentation for the implementation of medium to large sized engineering projects
- Assisting in the analysis of technical information
- Preparation of specifications, proposals and other tender documentation
- Undertaking site inspections and associated reporting, liaison with clients, sub-consultants and contractors
To be successful in this role you will need the following skills and experience:
- Relevant Tertiary Qualifications in Engineering
- A minimum of4 years in a consulting environment to be considered for this role
- A solid background in the design of residential and commercial structures with particular experience in reinforced concrete, post-tensioned concrete and steelwork
- Sound knowledge in the use of structural analysis software
- Knowledge and/or experience utilising 3D drafting (e.g. REVIT) and real-time 3D review software (e.g. Navisworks).
- Knowledge and experience of relevant Australian engineering codes, standards and practices
- A strong client focus and a willingness to learn
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including technical report writing
We believe a career is not just a job; it’s a collection of experiences you gain through professional networks, working with current technologies and expanding your knowledge base. All this while working on a broad range of projects and the possibility of local, interstate and international travel within a globally collaborative business.
Alignment with the Aurecon Attributes is also vital – co-creative, commercial, sense-maker, inquisitive, engaging, resourceful, fearless and unconventional thinking.
Kindly refer to http://www.aurecongroup.com/en/careers/themes/why-join-aurecon/aurecon-attributes.aspx for more detail.
What we Provide
Working within the global Aurecon team offers extensive career prospects whilst providing an environment that empowers, encourages sustainability and promotes team work. For examples of some of our projects, visit http://www.aurecongroup.com/en/projects.aspx .
How to Apply
If you are seeking an opportunity to drive and deliver project outcomes, within a creative business that encourages innovation and fresh ideas, please click the Apply Now button below.
Aurecon is an equal opportunity employer.
***Applications are sought from direct candidates only
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: , NSW, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-21