OverviewAssociate Director – Full Time Full Time in Brisbane QLD
Branch Brisbane QLD AU
Associate Director – Full Time
All services within the Anglican Church Southern QLD are supported by Diocesan Services and Financial Services, a centralised shared-service infrastructure that…
Through our committed employees and volunteers, Anglican Church Southern Queensland provides ministry, outreach and care to Anglicans and the wider community. From parishes and schools to residential care facilities, community care and social service programs to theological education and financial services each commission undertakes a significant part of the Church’s work.
The purpose of the Parishes and Other Mission Agencies Commission (PMC) is to facilitate strategic planning, policy development and the monitoring of operations in relation to parishes and other mission agencies. We are looking for a dedicated and engaged full time Associate Director to join us, providing strategic and operation direction of chaplaincies within our jurisdiction – Police, Hospitals, Prisons and Tertiary Ministry. We envision that support of chaplaincy will be about 50% of the position. The position will also develop and implement policy to develop the Parish Growth Plan and a key element of this role is to build strong and collaborative relationships.
As a senior member of the PMC team, this role also develops and implements initiatives to support parishes, as required by the Executive Director.
This unique roles offers the opportunity for a proactive manager to provide both strategic and operational support. Your background may be in corrections, counselling or other public service but your skills and abilities will include:
- A background in the creation and implementation of strategic plans and the capacity to address growth opportunities
- Demonstrated experience in the development & leadership of people within a service industry
- Mentoring and coaching of staff and volunteers to support their effectiveness and wellbeing
- Previous engagement with tertiary institutions, correctional facilities or hospitals would be well regarded
A persuasive and passionate communicator, you will be effective relating to both internal and external stakeholders, including staff, management and clergy. Further attributes will be:
- Innovative and creative thinking with the ability to challenge existing practice and provide outside the box solutions
- An authentic values-driven approach, ethos and attitude that aligns with the philosophies of the Anglican Church
- Tolerant and kind-hearted but with a core of practicality and the ability to be organised, self-manage and multi-task effectively
- Genuine passion for developing, promoting and improving the services offered by our chaplaincy and pastoral care services
- Sound analytical ability and commercial judgement with a focus on continuous improvement
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Degree-level qualifications in Theology, Human Resources, Business or similar
- Previous or current involvement with a faith-based organisation would be highly regarded
- Ability to acquire credentialing associated with the role, for example: security clearances required by Queensland Correctional Services
- The capacity to fulfil the requirements of a Company Director
- A current National Police Certificate
- A clean, open Queensland Drivers Licence
What We Offer
Working within a small team, alongside an approachable, results-focused manager, you will enjoy a level of independence and autonomy, along with:
- The chance to use your initiative, and offer innovative, “outside the box” thinking
- Showcasing your diverse experience in a challenging and rewarding role
- An opportunity to grow and develop the Anglican Church’s presence within Southern Queensland
- Working with dedicated and experience professionals, supported by a proactive management team
- Easily accessible public transport options, including bus, train and ferry
Show Your Interest
To submit an application and to view a copy of the Position Description, click ‘Apply’ below or visit http://www.anglicanchurchsq.applynow.net.au/ and refer to job number S2853
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island heritage are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please address Selection Criteria and include a current resume & cover letter with your application
For further information please contact
Belinda Macarthur on 07 3835 2284
Applications close Sunday 28 th May 2017
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete a Pre-Employment Assessment that requires disclosure of pre-existing injuries, illnesses or conditions that could reasonably be aggravated by performing the duties of this position
The Anglican Church Southern QLD offers a broad range of career opportunities across southern QLD – from Bundaberg in the north to Coolangatta in the south and across the south-west from Birdsville to Brisbane.
With the aim of the whole church engaged in the whole mission, we provide much needed services for the community, including parishes, schools, theological education and financial services, and residential aged care facilities, community care and social service programs through Anglicare Southern QLD.
All services within the Anglican Church Southern QLD are supported by Diocesan Services and Financial Services, a centralised shared-service infrastructure that provides a range of corporate services including Information and Communication Technology, Finance, Marketing and Fundraising, Communications, Human Resources, Property and Risk, Compliance and Insurance.
By living our values, championing industry best-practice, and working together to deliver quality services in a large faith-based organisation, we not only offer diverse and unique career pathways, but also the opportunity to make a real difference – in our organisation, the industries we work in, and in our community.
For more information about the Anglican Church Southern QLD, please visit www.anglicanchurchsq.org.au
Apply with Allows you to pre-fill the application using your SEEK profile information and resumé
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Brisbane, QLD, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-25