OverviewAshurst LLP Business Development Executive Contract in Melbourne VIC
Branch Melbourne VIC AU
Business Development Executive
We have an opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed Business Development Executive to join our Business Development team in Melbourne on a 12 month…
Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here .
About the Opportunity:
We have an opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed Business Development Executive to join our Business Development team in Melbourne on a 12 month contract.
This role is responsible for supporting our Corporate Projects division (in particular the resources, infrastructure and utilities practice groups), to develop and execute business development and marketing initiatives relating to the division’s strategy as well as opportunities with key clients of the firm.
The BD Executive will operate as an integral part of Ashurst’s global BD team providing specialist skills, and crucially will have a positive attitude to working with teams throughout the firm and in relation to continuous personal development.
A full job description including a breakdown of responsibilities can be found attached to the role on our careers page http://careers.ashurst.com/exa/
Essential skills and experience:
- Flexibility and willingness to go the extra mile
- Positive attitude toward work and a desire to learn and develop the role
- Enthusiastic and proactive, with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication – able to write clearly, concisely and to a high standard, with an excellent grasp of grammar and punctuation
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- Commercial awareness and ability to bring the client’s perspective into the frame
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Ability to effectively interact with peers and internal clients including senior stakeholders – especially under deadline pressure
- Ability to work autonomously when required as well as ability to work within a team and take direction from others
- Happy to assist with other priorities and projects as needed
Desirable skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualification in Business, Commerce or relevant degree
- Previous experience in a professional services or business to business sales/development environment desired
- Previous experience working successfully in a Partnership environment
- Ability to switch between detail and the bigger picture
At Ashurst, you’ll have the opportunity to work in an environment that encourages learning and excellence with a highly professional global team. You will also have a range of social, sporting and health benefits available to you.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Melbourne, VIC, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-23