OverviewASC Pty Ltd Detail Designer – Electrical Full Time in Adelaide SA
ASC Pty Ltd
Branch Adelaide SA AU
Detail Designer – Electrical
Performs production design 2D drafting work including completion of sub-system/component design, using existing ASC tools….
Reporting to Electrical DD Team Lead and overseen by DD Manager, the purpose of the Electrical Detail Designer is to further enhance electrical capacity within Detail Design (DD) department (currently two Designers Level 2), while providing some capacity for supplementing mechanical skills when required, undertaking electrical design work in support of Collins Class submarine activities.
- Production of specified design tasks from component to system/assembly level with associated detail, assembly and installation drawings iaw ASC design process as part of formal CCP, PDR sketches or supporting information for Engineering documentation.
- Performs production design 2D drafting work including completion of sub-system/component design, using existing ASC tools.
- Consultation and liaison with Signatures and Acoustics, Structural, Mechanical Systems, Electrical Propulsion and Combat Systems personnel ensuring individual departments needs are considered during the design process.
- On boat configuration audits of build state for various power panels to assist with creation/maintenance of electrical isolation drawings. This may involve occasional interstate travel.
- Understanding of ASC processes and procedures, corporate systems, and configuration management practices as they apply to design work.
- Assist in developing and assessing Contract Change proposals (CCP) for the Collins Class Submarine.
- Defect investigation and rectification.
- Perform assigned work so as to meet agreed schedules and delivery dates.
- Provision of support to departments outside DD eg; Planning, CM, QA, ILS, Production.
- Review of ASC technical documentation for assigned systems.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Diploma or equivalent qualifications within Electrical Engineering.
- Trade background in electrical (essential) and mechanical fields (desirable).
- Experience in the use of AutoCAD products
- Experience in the design, maintenance and/or installation of any of the following, low voltage electrical power systems, AC and/or DC power systems, electrical motors and hardwired control systems.
- Eligible for Australian Department of Defence security clearance appropriate to the Delegated authorities.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Working familiarity with ASC business systems.
- High level of personal organisation and attention to detail.
Please read the position description provided below and align your application accordingly.
PD – Electrical Detail Designer.pdf
Applications close 11:00pm 17 th April 2017.
ASC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunities employer that provides an environment that encourages diversity and inclusion in all of its forms.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Adelaide, SA, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-14