OverviewAnglicare Southern Queensland Domestic and Family Violence Counsellors Part Time in Brisbane QLD
Anglicare Southern Queensland
Branch Brisbane QLD AU
Domestic and Family Violence Counsellors
With a significant background in Social Services, you will have significant experience in working within domestic and family violence services, with additional…
About the Position Our Mental Health and Family Wellbeing teams assist all kinds of people who may be struggling to overcome challenges, providing support in the home, workplace or community.
The Domestic and Family Violence service provides comprehensive assessments, group-work and individual counselling to men who have perpetrated Domestic and Family Violence. Increasing the safety of affected family members, particularly women and children, through facilitating change and accountability with the man, is the first priority. Increasing the wellbeing of all family members is also a focus. We are currently looking for part time Counsellors to join our team; there are multiple positions available in two locations servicing Brisbane’s Metro North and Metro South regions.
As a Domestic and Family Violence Counsellor, you will provide group facilitation and individual counselling and case management services to men who have perpetrated Domestic and Family Violence. This position may also provide and/or coordinate the provision of advocacy, information, support and referral services to survivors (primarily women and children) affected by the man’s violence.
About You With a significant background in Social Services, you will have significant experience in working within domestic and family violence services, with additional experience in mental health or substance abuse work. Your capabilities in this area will include:
- Capacity to effectively engage and work productively with both mandated and voluntary male clients
- Ability to administer and interpret outcomes-based assessments, and perform domestic violence risk assessments
- Facilitate both group and individual counselling, and provide support services using evidence based frameworks
- Develop goals and case plans with men that align with the priority of ceasing the use of abusive, violent and controlling behaviour, as well as supporting improved wellbeing
- Provide Court support services to perpetrators of Domestic and Family Violence
- Provide advocacy, information and referrals to partners and other family members affected by domestic violence
- Work collaboratively with internal and external agencies and groups to manage risk and provide the best outcomes possible
- Participate in continuous improvement objectives and maintain current awareness of legislative requirements and practice standards
With the ability to relate effectively with a wide range of people, particularly men who have used violence towards women and children, who may also have mental health and/or substance abuse issues, you will also offer:
- Maturity and emotional resilience with the ability to self-care effectively
- A calm, professional approach with the ability to use initiative & sound judgement in decision making
- Demonstrated organisational and self-management skills with the ability to prioritise your own workload whilst working within a team environment
- Excellent communication skills and a sound understanding of group dynamics
- Flexibility and availability to work outside of normal business hours as required, and across two sites within the Brisbane region
Your official qualifications and certifications will include:
- A relevant degree in Psychology, Counselling, Social Work or similar
- Post graduate qualifications in Counselling, Domestic Violence, Mental Health or Substance Abuse interventions would be considered highly desirable
- Membership of a relevant professional body or eligibility to apply
- A current National Police Certificate
- Current Positive Blue Card (Working with Children)
- A current Queensland Drivers Licence and your own reliable vehicle
What We Offer This unique opportunity to join a leading employer in the non-profit sector will also provide you with:
- A dedicated and supportive team environment
- The opportunity to join a highly regarded domestic violence prevention service operating in the Brisbane region for over 25 years
- Strong management and leadership structure in a rewarding and safe workplace that promotes excellence
- Work/life balance with part time hours
- The opportunity to increase your take home pay with salary packaging options
Show Your Interest Apply now and be rewarded with a position that directly and positively influences the quality of life for our clients and their families; working with an organisation that values your professional contribution and personal well-being.
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island heritage are strongly encouraged to apply.
To view a copy of the Position Description, see below or visit http://anglicaresq.org.au/career/ .
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Brisbane, QLD, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-24