OverviewAllens Brisbane Summer Clerkship 2015/16 Temporay in Brisbane QLD
Branch Brisbane QLD AU
Brisbane Summer Clerkship 2015/16
Our Brisbane office has a reputable presence in Banking and a strong focus on Natural Resources, Infrastructure, Property development and Corporate work….
Allens is a leading international law firm, with partners, lawyers and corporate services employees across Asia and Australia. Through our integrated alliance with global law firm Linklaters, Allens is part of a leading global network of 40 offices across 29 countries.
For our clients, it means a seamless service with one point of contact, a unified team drawn from the best resources of each firm, and consistent quality advice and support. For you, it opens up a world of possibilities. You’ll have the opportunity to work on global deals with market-leading lawyers and access to international secondment opportunities from an early stage in your career.
We are currently looking for summer clerks to join our team in Brisbane. Our Brisbane office has a reputable presence in Banking and a strong focus on Natural Resources, Infrastructure, Property development and Corporate work. We also have a powerful track record advising the State Government. Through our partnership approach with clients, we are well placed to provide leadership and influence the development of business in Queensland.
So if you’re curious, love the law and want to contribute to the success of our firm and our clients’ business, we want to hear from you.
What we are looking for?
We’re looking for vibrant, personable and commercially minded individuals who are prepared to be pushed to be the best you can possibly be. We want you to come prepared to tell us why you would like to start your career at Allens, and show us that you are not afraid to embrace challenges outside of your comfort zone. Be prepared to talk about your skills, openness to learning and experiences both at Uni and work. We are also really keen to know about your interests outside of Uni and work, and importantly what you like to do for fun!
Most of all, we want you be yourself and tell us who you are.
We will consider the following when considering your application:
- CV and cover letter
- Strong academic results
- Extracurricular activities
- Motivation and enthusiasm to excel in commercial law
- Community and University involvement
- Connection to our values – Excellence, Integrity, Respect, Performance, One firm
Our clerkship program
We will run two three-week clerkship programs in the Brisbane office across summer in 2015/16. The first will start in November and the second in January, in line with university holidays.
Our clerkship program is a great way for you to see how we operate and find out if a career at Allens is for you. You’ll gain first-hand exposure to life as a lawyer by getting involved in real work as soon as you set foot in the firm. Work alongside lawyers and partners; learn from their feedback and enjoy their support. You’ll also come away with all the insights you need to make an informed decision about your future.
Here’s a quick rundown of what you can look forward to.
- An induction program that introduces you to our people and the work we do.
- On-the-job training with support from a partner and junior lawyer who’ll act as your supervisor and buddy.
- The opportunity to work with many of Australia’s and the world’s top 100 companies.
- Tasks similar to those of a junior lawyer.
- Seminars on everything from our pro bono work, our committees and working in our Asian offices, to skills development, secondments and building a sustainable career.
- Sports and social events where you will really get to know us.
- The chance to get involved in our community work.
- An opportunity to build a network of peers.
Applications are currently open to students who are in their penultimate year of study. Please address your application to Whitney Shanahan, People & Development Consultant and if you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact our Graduate Resourcing Team at [email protected] .
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Brisbane, QLD, AU
Posted on: 2015-03-03