OverviewAirbus Group Australia Pacific GH Procurement Manager Full Time in Brisbane QLD
Airbus Group Australia Pacific
Branch Brisbane QLD AU
GH Procurement Manager
Ideally, you will be someone who has had reasonable exposure to the Global Supply Chain. Have a practical appreciation of supply chain management and…
Manager Governmental Helicopters ProcurementAirbus Group Australia Pacific: Brisbane Airport
Airbus Group Australia Pacific is seeking a highly experienced senior manager, with extensive Defence contracting, subcontracting and procurement experience, to join our Procurement and Industry team. Reporting to the Director of Procurement and Industry, this newly created role, is accountable for ensuring the Governmental Helicopters Procurement team execute contract formation, contract management, vendor performance monitoring, and contract closure in consideration of ASDEFCON standards, Program requirements and company policy. The incumbent will maintain a strong relationship with the commercial and capability delivery managers of the respective Programs, and the supplier network, to ensure procured good and services comply with contracted requirements and risks and opportunities associated with this are effectively managed.
The successful application will offer extensive experience as a senior manager within the Australian Defence and Industry procurement and/or contracting environment, and shall:
- Demonstrate experience operating within, and have an in-depth understanding of, Commonwealth of Australia defence procurement rules and ASDEFCON standards.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively manage and lead high performing teams as well as demonstrate leadership and successful experience in contract management, particularly in a large and complex organisation with experience managing the interface and relationships between suppliers and recipients/customers of major goods and services contracts.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage relationships with suppliers for the purposes of contract management and contract administration and a demonstrated understanding of the procurement lifecycle.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage the highest standards of probity in a contracting environment, commitment to continuous improvement and best practice with experience in process and system change management.
- Have a practical appreciation of supply chain management and collaborative arrangements with suppliers and service providers.
To be successful for this role, you will hold a Bachelor of Business or Legal field and have minimum ten (10) years middle to senior management experience within finance, business or commercial management fields. You will be someone who has a high level of interpersonal and negotiating skills as well as excellent planning, analytical and problem solving skills. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to lead and support team members to solve complex situations. Ideally, you will be someone who has had reasonable exposure to the Global Supply Chain.
All applications must provide a resume and cover letter addressing the position criteria identified above.
If you think you have the drive, passion and experience to make this role your own, please apply now!
About Airbus Group Australia Pacific Airbus Group Australia Pacific is a part of Airbus Group, a global pioneer in aerospace and defence related services whose companies include Airbus, Airbus Helicopters and Airbus Defence and Space.Wholly owned by Airbus Helicopters, Airbus Group Australia Pacific represents Airbus Group in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific and is the region’s largest helicopter manufacturer, employing more than 1700 people across 19 sites in Australia and New Zealand. With the largest market share in civilian and military helicopters, the company supports more than 500 Airbus Helicopters and is well recognised as a leading Through-Life-Support provider in military fixed wing and helicopter platforms.Airbus Group Australia Pacific’s offering includes products, services and support of military aircraft, space systems and communication, intelligence and security. For further information, visit our website airbusgroupap.com.au.
Application Closing Date: 4 May 2017
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Brisbane, QLD, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-23