OverviewAdcorp Electorate Officer – Office of the Hon Diane Evers MLC Full Time in Perth WA
Branch Perth WA AU
Electorate Officer – Office of the Hon Diane Evers MLC
In this role, the successful applicant will be required to respond to constituent enquiries, liaise with Government departments and other organisations, prepare…
Applications are invited from persons suitably skilled to provide support to the Office of the Hon Diane Evers MLC, Member for South West Region.
In this role, the successful applicant will be required to respond to constituent enquiries, liaise with Government departments and other organisations, prepare and coordinate correspondence, perform administrative tasks and assist in organising functions and meetings.
The successful applicant should have a good understanding of the South West and will be required to develop strong networks in the region. The person appointed may be required to represent the Member at functions and community meetings. Applicants should possess the following skills and experience:
- Strong office administration skills with the ability to use computing functions.
- Well-developed organisational skills including the ability to prioritise and schedule work to ensure the completion of tasks to meet deadlines.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to respond to rapid changes and expectations on work routines.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise initiative in dealing with difficult situations.
- Strong interpersonal skills, particularly in dealing with complex and difficult situations and matters of confidential nature
- Ability to understand the impact and implications of issues and problems which arise in the constituency or parliamentary processes and able to consider the feelings and needs of all parties involved.
- Knowledge of Government and Parliamentary procedures.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications.
Please refer to jobs.wa.gov.au and search position number 96000249 for further details relating to the selection criteria and to download the application form.
Conditions: The position is offered under the Electorate and Research Employees General Agreement 2014. This position is subject to a probationary period of six months with the appointment being for the Term of the Member. Part-time employment will also be considered.
For further job related information: Further information regarding this position please contact Ms Diane Evers at [email protected] .
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Perth, WA, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-14