OverviewAct for Peace Marketing Executive (Church Giving) Full Time in Sydney Central Business District NSW
Act for Peace
Branch Sydney Central Business District NSW AU
Marketing Executive (Church Giving)
Sydney Central Business District NSW
Project managing the implementation of the Christmas Bowl appeal, which will include the development of branding & key messages, PR campaigns, fundraising packs…
About the position
You’re an experienced marketer with a track record of success.
Strategic, creative and with an eye for detail, you’re looking for a broad and challenging role filled with opportunities to grow and achieve outstanding results.
Most of all, you’re looking for a position that will enable you to put your passion for global justice into action and make a difference where it’s needed most in the world.
Australian churches have played a key role in our work since it began in 1949, and today almost 2,000 churches support our programs each year.
In this important role you’ll be responsible for our church marketing program, and leading our flagship church fundraising appeal, the much-loved Christmas Bowl.
You will develop and deliver our communications to churches, supporting church leaders to deepen their engagement with the cause and increase funds raised for our overseas work. You’ll provide inspiring, high-quality worship resources, and manage a network of passionate volunteer speakers to increase support for Act for Peace and the Christmas Bowl.
You’ll be working alongside a motivated and experienced team – and you’ll be making a big and growing contribution to achieving safety, justice and dignity in communities threatened by conflict and disaster.
This is a full-time permanent position based in our Sydney CBD office. The salary will be negotiated depending upon the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
Marketing Executive position description
- Responsible for improving lifetime value and donor loyalty for church, school and organisation audiences.
- Develop and implement dedicated marketing strategy to grow support of churches, organisations and schools for all Act for Peace products, including the Christmas Bowl and the Ration Challenge.
- Developing a strategy to grow income from our annual Christmas appeal, the Christmas Bowl – increasing the acquisition, retention, value of churches, organisations, fundraising volunteers and individual donors.
- Project managing the implementation of the Christmas Bowl appeal, which will include the development of branding & key messages, PR campaigns, fundraising packs, direct mail packs, emails, video content and TV commercials, online content, telemarketing, and face to face promotion via community fundraising staff and volunteers.
- Task management of internal stakeholders including the Communications Coordinators, Database Coordinator, Community Fundraising team, Support Services etc.
- Management of external suppliers including creative agencies, data agencies, printers, mail houses, telemarketing companies etc.
- Financial management and reporting against activities, income and expenditure to effectively align resources and ensure targets are met.
- Supervision of office based interns and/or volunteers
- Playing an active role in the Marketing and Communication team and supporting the development and delivery of departmental plans and initiatives.
Reports to: Head of Fundraising.
Success will be indicated by:
Significant growth in fundraising income and supporter lifetime value.
- Successful delivery of other key performance indicators, deadlines and targets.
- Exact KPIs will be set in conjunction with the post holder.
- Annual reviews of performance against objectives.
- Sound understanding of marketing principles and experience of managing marketing or communications activities.
- Australian churches. A sound understanding of Australian Churches and ability to operate comfortably in a church environment.
- Marketing channels. In-depth knowledge and significant experience in one or more of the following channels: direct mail, digital, video, telephone, face to face.
- Data analysis. Strong data analysis and financial management skills. Experience of using CRM systems to segment, tailor and target communications for different audiences and report against KPIs. Track record of accurate income forecasting and budget management.
- Project management. High-level project management skills with a track record of delivering against objectives and deadlines. Ability to effectively coordinate stakeholders in fast-paced emergency response situations. Line management experience desirable.
- Strategic thinking. Strategic thinker with a big-picture understanding, entrepreneurial attitude. Ability to analyse complex information to produce clear and insightful fundraising strategies. Strong commitment to evidence-based decision making.
- Creative judgement. Skilled in the art of framing, and experience of developing compelling and emotional fundraising propositions / cases for support for different audiences. Excellent creative judgement with respect to images, copy and design. Excellent copywriting skills.
- Attention to detail. Strong attention to detail and commitment to accuracy and compliance.
- Personal leadership. Acts with integrity and humility. Sets the highest professional standards for themselves and others.
- Passion for the cause. Clear passion for and commitment to global justice. Ability to motivate and inspire others behind a shared purpose/vision.
- Collaborative worker with excellent negotiation, listening and influencing skills. Forms strong and productive working relationships based on trust with colleagues, managers and line reports.
- Tenacious and adaptable. Proactive and committed to finding solutions to challenges and delivering the best outcomes possible for communities threatened by conflict and disaster.
- Sympathy with Christian values and commitment to social justice.
- Eligibility to work in Australia.
- Act for Peace takes child protection seriously. As part of our Child Safeguarding Policy, employment is conditional upon the outcome of an Australian Federal Police Background check, as well as an equivalent police background check for any country in which the applicant has lived for more than 12 months during the last five years. For the full Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct please see: http://www.actforpeace.org.au/our-policies
About the Organisation Organisation Name : Act for Peace
Today, there are more refugees, asylum seekers and displaced people worldwide than at any time since World War II. That’s more than 65 million people forced to flee their homes to escape conflict or persecution. We’re also seeing an increase in the severity of natural disaster.
It’s a terrible injustice. And one that we can, and must, overcome.
We believe that when people all over the world work together, big changes really are possible. That’s why we’ve made it our mission to act in partnership with other passionate people, like you, across the globe to achieve safety, justice and dignity in communities threatened by conflict and natural disaster. We don’t think there’s any task more important.
Over the past 67 years our supporters have provided food, shelter, education, healthcare and training to help the world’s most vulnerable prepare for, cope with and recover from conflict and disaster.
Together we’re tackling the root causes of injustice, and are building a brighter future for everyone. We hope that you’ll join us in this vital mission.
A peaceful world where all people share a safe, just and dignified life.
We empower passionate people to work together to achieve safety, justice and dignity in communities threatened by conflict and disaster.
HOW WE WORK:
- Humanitarian response: When an emergency occurs, we respond fast to give people what they need most to survive. We’re in for the long-haul too, supporting communities in protracted crises or affected by natural disaster until they’re able to get back on their feet. We also work with communities at risk to prepare in advance, which saves lives when disaster strikes.
- Long-term development: Lasting change takes time. Your work will enable long-term development projects that help communities to tackle their own problems – whether that’s giving girls a brighter future through education, helping farmers grow enough to eat, or supporting refugees to return home safely after a conflict has ended.
- Advocacy and campaigns: Together, we mobilise governments and decision-makers to tackle the root causes of poverty and injustice, not just treat the symptoms. When we come together and speak with one voice, it sends a clear message that people in power can’t ignore.
- Working with partners: We believe local people are best placed to identify the problems faced by their communities and create solutions that work. So we partner with local organisations on the ground to achieve change. We’re also part of the ACT Alliance, a global network of 140 like-minded organisations across 130 countries working together to share knowledge and resources, speak with a louder voice, and ultimately, achieve greater impact.
About the Marketing and Communications Department
Our multi-FIA Award winning Marketing and Communications Department’s purpose is to empower passionate people in Australia to give, fundraise and take action to achieve safety, justice and dignity in communities threatened by conflict and disaster.
We do this through a mix of direct marketing, relationship fundraising, events and campaigns.
By implementing successful strategies, our supporter base and fundraising income has been growing rapidly. Last year our fundraising income increased by 40%, and we have ambitious plans to do even better in the future. To help us do this, we’re developing our team of fundraising, marketing and campaigning professionals; investing in new technology and building innovation and best practice in to everything we do.
Apply for this Job
Email : [email protected]
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Please apply online at https://act-for-peace.workable.com/j/40C4420946
You will need to upload a copy of your resume and a covering letter detailing how you meet the selection criteria with your application. Applications close: 9am, Wednesday 3 rd May.
Please quote in application: Marketing Executive (Church Giving) via Pro Bono Australia.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Sydney, NSW, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-16